Who we are
We Value Your Privacy.
At Akansava, we treat your personal
information as private and confidential. We are dedicated to protecting your
privacy and providing you with the highest level of security at any point of
collect, what we do with it and how we protect it.
Information We Collect and Use
We receive and store any information
you enter on our Website or you give us in any other way. You provide a lot of
this information when you register for an account with us or log into an
existing account; provide information in your account; visit our website order
products/services from us; access our platform or use our services; contact us
for customer care.
The information we collect is
typically related to the product or service you request and usually contains
- Your name and title
- Address, Phone number and email address
- Connection and service usage details
- Payment information
- Information of people to whom goods are being delivered to
- Email address and phone numbers of friends and other people
- Information placed on your personal profile (e.g. personal description or passport photograph).
- Related information which we may need to fulfil your request.
You can choose not to provide
certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some
of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as
responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our
stores, and communicating with you.
When you download or use apps
created by Akansava or our subsidiaries/sponsored platforms, we may receive
information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique
identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with
location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other
personalized content. However most mobile devices allow you to turn off
Non- Personal Information Collected
In order to achieve our goal of
providing you with the best service, we sometimes collect certain information
during your visits to perform certain tasks such as grant you access to some
parts of our web site, or conduct research on your behavior on our site in
order to improve our services. We will not disclose your information to any
Cookies are small text files stored
on your computer or mobile devices whenever you visit a website.
Cookies have many uses, such as
memorizing your preferences so as to tailor your experiences while on our site–
or to help us analyze our website traffic.
your experience while on this site. We sometime use these cookies to help us
understand your user experience on our site and to discover what content is
most applicable to you.
The Help feature on most browsers
will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to
have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable
cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used
by browser add-ons.
However it should be noted that some
cookies are essential to access certain areas of this site;
Use of Your Personal Information
Any personal information provided by
you to Akansava will be used with your consent, for compliance with legal
obligations or for the purposes of meeting legitimate interests of Akansava.
Your personal information is used
- Updating and enhancing Akansava’s records
- Establishing your identity and assessing applications for our products and services
- Pricing and designing our products and services
- Administering our products and services
- Managing our relationship with you
- Managing our risks and helping to identify and investigate illegal activity (i.e.), such as fraud
- Contacting you, for example in instances where we suspect fraud on your account or when the need arises to tell you about recent occurrences in the banking sector or some event(s) of significance.
- Conducting and improving our businesses and improving your experience with us
- Reviewing product/service.
- Prevention of money laundering or terrorism financing activities.
- Complying with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors.
- Identifying and informing you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also collect, use and
exchange your information in other ways permitted by law.
Information We Share
We may share the information about
you and your dealings with us, to the extent permitted by law, with the
- Affiliated Businesses/Sponsored platforms – We work a lot with other business such as sellers on Akansava’s platforms or other third parties where we have joint offerings. In instances like that we may share customer information related to those transactions with third parties.
- Akansava’s strategic partners/service providers – for the purpose of improving and providing our products and services to you. Your Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Regulators/Supervisors, Government Agencies/courts – It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for Akansava to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- Third-Party Service Providers.
- Akansava’s staff.
We may also disclose information
about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce
our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in
the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all
personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Information about our customers and
their usage of our website is not shared with third parties for their marketing
purposes. We do not disclose any information about any user’s usage of our web
site except in specific cases, and we do not share information with any
unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly give us
permission to do so.
How We Protect Your Information
We take appropriate technical and
organizational measures to prevent loss, unauthorized access, misuse,
modification or disclosure of information under our control.
Your personal information with us
remains secure because:
- We use strict security measures and technologies to prevent fraud and intrusion.
- Our Security controls and processes are regularly updated to meet industry standards.
- Our employees are trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us
- We only reveal the last four digits of your card number when confirming an order even though we transmit the entire card number to the relevant card company, when orders are processed.
Where we have provided you (or where
you have chosen) a password or security pin that grants you access to specific
areas on our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We request that you do not share your password or security pin or other
authentication details with anyone and also sure you sign off when using a
Where We Store Your Information
All Personal Information you provide
to us is stored on our secure servers as well as secure physical
locations and cloud infrastructure (where applicable). The data that we
collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside
Nigeria or the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Whenever your information is
transferred to another location, we will take all necessary steps to ensure
How Long We Store Your Information
We retain your data for as long as
is necessary for the purpose(s) that it was collected. Storage of your data is
also determined by legal, regulatory, administrative or operational
You have certain rights available to
you, these include:
- The right to access your personal information held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com
- The right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete information.
- The right to remove yourself from our mailing list. For this to happen, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Withdraw consent for processing in cases where consent has previously been given.
- Restrict or object to processing of your personal data. We might continue to process your data if there are valid legal or operational reasons
You also have the right to:
- Request that your personal data be made available to you in a common electronic format and/or request that such data be sent to a third party.
- Request that your information be erased. We might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reasons
Maintaining Accurate Information
Keeping your account information
accurate and up to date is very important. If you discover any inaccuracies in
your personal information, please promptly update or notify us where
applicable, via our ticketing platform. Where necessary you may be required to
provide documentary evidence.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Akansava’s websites, products,
applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products
and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or
services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may
include such things as location data or contact details is governed by their privacy
practices and Akansava will not be liable for any breach of confidentiality or
privacy of your information on such sites. We encourage you to learn about the
privacy practices of those third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Akansava may interact with registered
users of various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn
and Instagram. Please note that any content you post to such social media
platforms (e.g. pictures, information or opinions), as well as any personal
information that you otherwise make available to users (e.g. your profile) is
policies. We recommend that you review these information carefully in order to
better understand your rights and obligations with regard to such content.
Privacy of Children
We do not sell products for purchase
by children. If you are under 18, you may use Akansava’s platform with the
consent of a parent or guardian only.
Akansava may sometimes contact you with products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you don’t want to receive such promotional materials from us, you can opt out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
This policy may be revised to
reflect the legal, regulatory and operating environment and such revised
versions will automatically become applicable to you. We will post any
becomes effective as at the time it is posted. We will notify you when any
this page from time to time for updates to this policy.